1) Local Food Efforts
- a) Rental of Dehydrators for very reasonable rates.
- b) $500 for an island wide inventory of apple trees.
2) International Efforts
- a) $1000 (from poster sales)– to SOLID (Salt Spring Organization for Life Improvement and Development) – to improve life in South Africa.
3) The Rex Welland Memorial Apple Festival Bursary.
- a) $500 – Emma Lewis (Graduating Student 2015 at GISS)
4) Thank A Salt Springer Awards ($100 each)
- a) Doug Archer-2014
- b) Michael & Helga Bagnell-2014
- c) Richard Murakami-2014
5) Random Acts of Kindness (($50 each)
- a) Winter vitamins for 3 Salt Springers
- b) Helping a man make a shelter in Mexico
- c) Helping a needy person in India.
- d) Thanking the local street cleaner.
- e) Helping a needy person in Cuba.
- e) $250 support for the FREE Christmas 2014 dinner at Fulford Hall
6) Support to Local Artists
- a) $300 – Website creation for carver, Shirley Taylor
- b) $550 – Creation of the 2015 Salt Spring Apple Festival brochure by Diana Morris
- c) $500- support for Naomi Jason and the dance production IMAGINELLE.
7) Additional Efforts
1) Updated the website: saltspringapplefestival.org