1) Local Food Efforts
- a) Mechanical Repairs to Shared Apple Press
2) International Efforts
- a) $654 (from poster sales)– to SOLID (Salt Spring Organization for Life Improvement and Development) – to improve life in South Africa.
- b) $500 – annual donation to SOLID.
3) The Rex Welland Memorial Apple Festival Bursary.
- a) $500 – Kai Adams (Graduating Student 2012 at GISS)
- b) $500 – Pauline Martens-Educational Bursary
- c) $500 – Ron Pither agricultural project in Cuba
- d) $500 – Wendy Gilson (2014 Treatment Free Beekeepers Conference at Dunbar Farm in Medford , Oregon)
4) Thank A Salt Springer Awards ($100 each)
- a) Katharine Byers 2013
- b) Margriet Lee–2013
- c) Jean Wilkinson- -2013
- d) Rick Neufield- -2013
- e) TBA -2013 (Peri – this is waiting for your nomination)
- f) Lorraine- (Travel bursary) 2013
5) Support to Local Artists
- a) $300 – Website creation for artist, Amarah Gabriel
- b) $450 – Creation of the 2014 Salt Spring Apple Festival brochure by Diana Morris
6) Additional Efforts
1) Updated the website: saltspringapplefestival.org
2) Supported the visit of Shawn Shepherd, Home Orchard Society Apple ID expert, Portland, Oregon to help with Apple ID at the 2014 Salt Spring Apple Festival.
In 2013, the Salt Spring Island Apple Festival awarded a Rex Welland Memorial Bursary to Kai Adams